ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
 
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
St. Mary, Steeple Barton, Oxon
Banbury branch of the ODG
St. Mary, Steeple Barton
St. Mary, Steeple Barton
Dedication:St. Mary, Steeple Barton

Availability and Restrictions on request

The Bells (5) 9-3-1

Access to ringing chamber: Ground floor. Access via South porch.

The following information comes from Andrew Bull

Since rehung by Whites. Retuned by Whitechapel; tenor now 9-3-1.
The inscriptions are taken from F. Sharpe The Church Bells of Oxfordshire.He visited the tower in 1928.

A ring of 5, tenor 10-1-10, tuned to G
Bell Weight
cwt-qr-lb
Strike
note
Date
cast
Founder Foundry
location
Inscription
Treble 4-0-0# D 1698 Richard Keene Woodstock 1698
2 5-0-0# C 1698 Richard Keene Woodstock WILL HIET IONAS GREEN C W 1698
3 6-3-27 B 1851 Charles & George Mears Whitechapel G & G MEARS FOUNDERS LONDON 1851
4 7-0-21 A 1851 Charles & George Mears Whitechapel G & G MEARS FOUNDERS LONDON 1851
Tenor 10-1-10 G 1851 Charles & George Mears Whitechapel G & G MEARS FOUNDERS LONDON 1851
REVD. ARTHUR H. PACKENHAM VICAR.

Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP448249 park by church

Eating Places: Middle Barton

Return to the Banbury Branch listings page

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map