|Established January 17 1881|
|St. Peter, Stoke Lyne, Oxon
Bicester branch of the ODG
St. Peter, Stoke LyneŠJudith Crockford 26 Dec 2003
Dedication:St. Peter, Stoke Lyne
The Bells (3) 8-3-8
The following information comes from 'The Church Bells of Oxfordshire'
The Bells hang in an oak frame, having pits for four bells but it has never housed more than three. The gear, type A, was renewed by Richard White in 1925. The tenor has a "Doncaster-pattern" head; the others have traditional type canons.A ring of 3; tenor 8-3-8, diameter 37", note A
|treble||5-0-10||1869||Mears & Stainbank||Whitechapel||MEARS & STAINBANK, FOUNDERS, LONDON, 1869.|
|London||THOMAS MEARS OF LONDON FECIT 1812 [Loop border G11]|
|tenor||8-3-8||1925||Mears & Stainbank||Whitechapel||THE SOUND THAT REACHETH GOD ABOVE
IS NOT † CLANG BUT VOICE OF LOVE.
SIR A.PEYTON, BART.,
R. ADAMS, CHURCHWARDENS.
M & S. LONDON 1925. [Whitechapel foundry mark]
© Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map