|Established January 17 1881|
|St. Nicholas, Cuddington, Bucks
Central Bucks branch of the ODG
St. Nicholas, Cuddington©BM 31 May 2004
Dedication: St. Nicholas, Cuddington
Practice night: Fri 8.00pm
The Bells (8) 9-2-3 (7 & Tenor replaced approx 1 Jan 2004)
Originally the church had four bells and some further work was done 1610-12. These bells were replaced by Warner and Sons of London and dedicated in October 1884 — adding two further bells.
In 1999 the six bells were retuned and rehung with new ringing fittings in the existing oak-bell frame. A new section of framework was installed and two new bells added to complete the octave, the project being jointly funded by the Parish and the Millennium Bell Fund. The Bells were rededicated on Sunday, 7th November, 1999. In 2003 the undersized 7th and tenor bells were recast by Whites of Appleton Ltd., Church Bellhangers, established 1824.A ring of 8; tenor 9-2-3, diameter 373/8”, tuned to G
|3||3-1-17||26||E||1884||John Warner & Sons||London||CAST BY JOHN WARNER & SONS LONDON 1884 ·:·|
|4||3-2-6||271/16||D||1884||John Warner & Sons||London||CAST BY JOHN WARNER & SONS LONDON 1884 ·:·|
|5||4-0-3||285/8||C||1884||John Warner & Sons||London||CAST BY JOHN WARNER & SONS LONDON 1884 ·:·|
|6||5-0-4||30½||B||1884||John Warner & Sons||London||RECAST BY JOHN WARNER & SONS LONDON 1884 ·:·|
Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP737112 - Park on road (with difficulty).
© Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map