ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
 
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
Holy Trinity , Drayton Parslow, Bucks
Central Bucks branch of the ODG
Holy Trinity, Drayton Parslow
Holy Trinity, Drayton Parslow
Dedication: Holy Trinity, Drayton Parslow

Practice night: Sun 5.30pm (2,4)

The Bells (6) 9-1-1

Access to ringing chamber: ladder

The inscriptions on the 3 older bells come from A.H.Cocks page 373. The rest of the information is from a tower notice, and the Taylor job book.

Frame: two-tier metal, 1935 Taylor.
Gear: iron headstock (canon-retaining to tenor) ball-bearings, Taylor 1935.

A ring of 6; tenor 9-1-1, diameter 36¾”, tuned to Ab
Bell Weight
cwt-qr-lb
Diameter
(inches)
Strike
note
Date
cast
Founder Foundry
location
Inscription
treble 3-2-1 24¾ F 1935 Taylor Loughborough  
2 3-3-8 26 Eb 1935 Taylor Loughborough  
3 4-1-8 27½ Db 1935 Taylor Loughborough  
4 4-1-23 29¼ C 1842 J. Taylor Loughborough J: TAYLOR FECIT LOBRO 1842.
5 4-2-5 31 Bb 1842 J. Taylor Loughborough J TAYLOR FOUNDER LOBRO 1842.
tenor 9-1-1 36¾ Ab 1591 Benjamin Atton Buckingham [Cross, G6] BARTHOLOMEWE [Shield, Fig 66] 1591
Sanctus   15¾   1669 Anthony Chandler Drayton Parslow 1669

Notes:

Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP837284 - Limited on-road parking.

Eating Places: ‘The Three Horseshoes’

Return to the Central Bucks Branch listings page

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map