ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
 
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
St. Mary, East Claydon, Bucks
Central Bucks branch of the ODG
St. Mary, East Claydon
St. Mary, East ClaydonęDB May 2005
Dedication: St. Mary, East Claydon

Practice night: Thu 7.30pm

Availability and Restrictions: Visits are limited because of noise. Quarters and peals by arrangement.

The Bells (6) 7-0-15

Access to ringing chamber: Ground floor through West door.

The back five are by Abel Rudhall 1752.

They were rehung by Whites of Appleton Ltd and retuned by the Whitechapel Bell Foundry around 1992 (see - The Ringing World 1993 page 973).

The Treble was added since - presumably by Whitechapel.

The following information on the back five comes from A.H.Cocks page 359.

A ring of 6; tenor 7-0-5, diameter 37¾”

Bell Diameter
(inches)
Date
cast
Founder Foundry
location
Inscription
treble   c1992 Whitechapel London  
2 27¼ 1752 Abel Rudhall Gloucester PEACE & GOOD NEIGHBOURHOOD A [Bell D1] R 1752 [Border D8] [D8 inverted]
3 28½ 1752 Abel Rudhall Gloucester PROSPERITY TO THIS PARISH A [Bell D1] R 1752 [Border C5]
4 29¾ 1752 Abel Rudhall Gloucester ABEL RUDHALL CAST US ALL 1752 [Border D8 four times]
5 31¼ 1752 Abel Rudhall Gloucester ALEXANDER MARKHAM VICAR [½ D8 inverted] A [D1] R 1752 [D8 3¾ times]
tenor 36 1752 Abel Rudhall Gloucester JOHN BAILT ROBT: READ CHURCH WARDENS A [Bell D1] R 1752 [Border C5]
sanctus 16¼ 1657 Anthony Chandler Drayton Parslow 1657

Notes:

Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP740254 - Park at front

Return to the Central Bucks Branch listings page

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map