ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
 
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
St. Mary the Virgin, Mursley, Bucks
Central Bucks branch of the ODG
St. Mary the Virgin, Mursley
St. Mary the Virgin, MursleyęDB May 2005
Dedication: St. Mary the Virgin, Mursley

Practice night: Fri 7.45pm

The Bells (6) 9-0-20

Access to ringing chamber: Ground floor

The inscriptions on the Briant bells are from A.H.Cocks The Church Bells of Buckinghamshire, page 531.
The rest of the information comes from the Bowell archives through Chris Pickford.
Rehung in the existing wooden frame, with new fittings including ball-bearings, by Bowell in 1933.

A ring of 6; tenor 9-0-20, diameter 38” tuned to G.
Bell Weight
cwt-qr-lb
Diameter
(inches)
Strike
note
Date
cast
Founder Foundry
location
Inscription
treble 4-2-24 28 E 1814 John Briant Hertford JOHN: BRIANT HERTFORD. FECIT. I8I4
2 4-2-20 29 D 1933 Alfred Bowell Ipswich  
3 5-1-23 31 C 1814 John Briant Hertford † JOHN BRIANT HERTFORD. FECIT. I8I4 †
4 5-3-7 32 B 1814 John Briant Hertford JOHN: BRIANT HERTFORD. FECIT. I8I4
5 6-0-19 34 A 1933 Alfred Bowell Ipswich  
tenor 9-0-20 38 G 1814 John Briant Hertford ± JOHN BRIANT. HERTFORD FECIT. I8I4. ± T : DEVERELL & J : BRADBURY. C.W.

Notes

  1. † & ± signify military crosses.
Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP816285

Return to the Central Bucks Branch listings page

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map