ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
   
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
St. Lawrence, Hungerford, Berks
Newbury branch of the ODG
St. Lawrence, Hungerford
St. Lawrence, Hungerford
Dedication: St. Lawrence, Hungerford

Service Ringing: Sun 9.30

Practice night: Wed 7.30pm

The Bells (8) 12-1-8

Access to ringing chamber: Spiral staircase

The following information comes from Andrew Bull

Frame: Cast iron side pattern; Mears & Stainbank 1927.
Gear: Cast iron headstocks, Fixed steel gudgeons, Self-aligning ball-bearings,Traditional English-type wheels, Traditional stays; Whitechapel, 1978.

A ring of 8, tenor 12-1-8, tuned to G
Bell Weight
cwt-qr-lb
Strike
Note
Date
cast
Founder Foundry
location
Treble 3-3-0 G 1978 Whitechapel Bellfoundry London
2 3-3-24 F# 1978 Whitechapel Bellfoundry London
3 4-0-12 E 1978 Whitechapel Bellfoundry London
4 5-0-12 D 1978 Whitechapel Bellfoundry London
5 6-0-24 C 1978 Whitechapel Bellfoundry London
6 6-3-24 B 1978 Whitechapel Bellfoundry London
7 9-0-12 A 1978 Whitechapel Bellfoundry London
Tenor 12-1-8 G 1978 Whitechapel Bellfoundry London

Notes:

The previous bell 3 was cast by James Wells of Aldbourne and bore the following inscription:
old 3 inscription
Copied from F.Sharpe The Church Bells of Berkshire, figure 87.


Church facilities: Toilet

Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SU334687 - Park in street

Return to the Newbury Branch listings page

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map