ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
 
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
St. Lawrence, Bradwell, Bucks
North Bucks branch of the ODG
St. Lawrence, Bradwell
St. Lawrence, Bradwell
Dedication: St. Lawrence, Bradwell

Service Ringing: Sun 10.00

Practice night: Wed 7.30pm

The Bells (6) 7-1-18

The following information comes from Andrew Bull
Frame: steel lowside, Bowell 1909.
Gear: steel joist headstocks, etc., 1909; ball-bearings Whitechapel 1981.
A tower notice states that two tenors were added in 1909; the old tenor of 4 (5-0-12, c1440 John Walgrave) was replaced in 1981.

A ring of 6; tenor 7-1-18, tuned to A#.
Bell Weight
cwt-qr-lb
Strike
note
Date
cast
Founder Foundry
location
Inscription
treble 2-2-24 G c1310 Michael de Wymbish London MICHAEL:DE:WYMBIS:MEFECIT
2 3-0-25 F c1310 Michael de Wymbish London MICHAEL:DE:WYMBIS:MEFECIT
3 4-1-22 D# 1909 Alfred Bowell Ipswich  
4 4-2-20 D 1981 Whitechapel London  
5 6-1-22 C 1909 Alfred Bowell Ipswich  
tenor 7-1-18 A# 1909 Alfred Bowell Ipswich  

Notes:

Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP832394

Return to the North Bucks Branch listings page

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map