ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
 
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
St. Edward the Confessor, Shalstone, Bucks
North Bucks branch of the ODG
St. Edward the Confessor, Shalstone
St. Edward the Confessor, Shalstone Doug Hird
Dedication: St. Edward the Confessor, Shalstone

The Bells (5) 7-1-13 (From White's Bellhangers Jan 04)

Access to ringing chamber: Ground floor accessed by S. Door.

The following information comes from Graham Clifton of Whites of Appleton Ltd apart from the inscriptions which were taken from A.H.Cocks The Church Bells of Buckinghamshire, page 560.

In 2004, the bells were retuned, rehung in the restored timber frame with new ringing fittings and rope guides installed by Whites of Appleton Ltd.

The Bells were given by the Purefoy family. Each bell bears the name of one of their five sons.

A ring of 5; tenor 7-1-13, diameter 36¾”, tuned to Ab
Bell Weight
cwt-qr-lb
Diameter Strike
note
Date
cast
Founder Foundry
location
Inscription
treble 3-3-9 28¼ Eb 1862 George Mears & Co. Whitechapel G. Mears, and Co., Founders, London, 1862.
Alfred.
2 4-1-26 29¾ Db 1862 George Mears & Co. Whitechapel G. Mears, and Co., Founders, London, 1862.
Maurice.
3 5-0-9 32 C 1862 George Mears & Co. Whitechapel G. Mears and Co. Founders London 1862.
Purefoy
4 5-1-25 33½ Bb 1862 George Mears & Co. Whitechapel G. Mears and Co. Founders London 1862.
Robert
tenor 7-1-13 36¾ Ab 1862 George Mears & Co. Whitechapel G. Mears and Co. Founders London 1862.
These bells were given to the Glory of God
and for the use of his Church by the
five sons of Thomas and Eliza Fitzgerald
1862
Keane

Notes:

Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP642365 park on road

Return to the North Bucks Branch listings page

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map