ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
   
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
St. Andrew, Letcombe Regis, Oxon
Old North Berks branch of the ODG
Further details

St. Andrew, Letcombe Regis tower
St. Andrew, Letcombe Regis ęKMC 8 May 2003

  Dedication:St. Andrew, Letcombe Regis benefice
  Tower Correspondent: Mrs A Williams, 5 Croft End, Letcombe Regis, Wantage, Oxon OX12 9JJ
   Tel: 01235 764862

  Service Ringing: Sun 9.15
  Practice night: Thu 7.30pm
  Availability and Restrictions

  The Bells (6) 8-0-0# last rehung in 1979 further details

  Access to ringing chamber: Steep ladder with 26 rungs and a slope of 75 degrees. Trapdoor 20 feet above vestry! Not for the nervous!! The trapdoor at the top is normally closed during ringing.

  Points of interest in church ?
  Church facilities:
  Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SU380865. On roads in the vicinity especially alongside the churchyard near the tower. Avoid parking in the narrow sunken road opposite the church gate.
  Public Transport:
  Eating Places: Pub ‘The Greyhound’
  Local points of interest for non ringers: preaching cross and memorial to a Maori Prince in the graveyard

Page last updated 19 May 2005

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map