|Established January 17 1881|
|St. Peter, Little Wittenham, Oxon
Old North Berks branch of the ODG
St. Peter, Little Wittenham ęKMC 28 Nov 2003
the Study Centre for the Little Wittenham Nature Reserve can
be seen behind the big tree on the left. Day's Lock with a footway
across the Thames is along the track past the church to the right
Dedication: St. Peter, Little Wittenham
Tower Correspondent: Peter Collinson, 4 Knapp Close, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 1SL
Tel: 01235 528842
Service Ringing: Ringing by arrangement
Practice night: Ringing by arrangement
Availability and Restrictions Ringing by arrangement
The Bells (5) 5-2-0# further details
Access to ringing chamber: a narrow, dark spiral staircase of 25 steps
from inside the tower at the western end of the nave.
Ringing chamber is small and dust comes down with the ropes. Ringers often wear hats here.
Points of interest in church:
marble monument at western end of the aisle
Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SU566935. Park opposite church.
Eating Places: The nearest is The Vine in High Street, Long Wittenham.
Local points of interest for non ringers: The Thames flows nearby through Day’s Lock.
There is a footpath through the Nature Reserve to the Wittenham Clumps.
Nearby Long Wittenham has the Pendon Museum - a model village.
Page last updated 19 May 2005
© Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map