ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
   
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website

Holy Cross, Sparsholt, Oxon
Old North Berks branch of the ODG

Further details

Holy Cross, Sparsholt tower
Holy Cross, Sparsholt
ęKMC31 May 2001

  Dedication: Holy Cross, Sparsholt benefice
  Tower Correspondent: B Titchenor, 7 West Street, Sparsholt, Wantage, Oxon OX12 9PR
   Tel: 01235 751648

  Service Ringing:
  Practice night: Ringing by arrangement
  Availability and Restrictions

  The Bells (4) 10-2-0# further details

  Access to ringing chamber: Ground floor western end of nave through a wooden door with low cill behind the organ, or 3 stone steps down from external door

  Points of interest in church This church is mainly built of chalk, the local stone of the area It was remodelled in the 14h century by Robert Achard, who died in 1353. His wooden effigy is still stored in the church, together with those of his two wives, Joan and Agnes. The Achards also owned Aldermaston House.

Holy Cross spire is roofed with shingles which is unusual for Oxfordshire.
  Church facilities:
  Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SU347876
  Public Transport:
  Eating Places:
  Local points of interest for non ringers:

Page last updated 08 Sep 2005

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map