ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881

Cathedral Church of Christ, Oxford, Oxon
Oxford Society of Change Ringers

Further details

Cathedral Church of Christ, Oxford tower
View from the Meadows of the Cathedral Church of Christ, Oxford.
The Bells now hang in the square tower on the left.
For several hundred years until the mid 19th century
they hung in the spire on the right.
©KMC 13 Apr 2004

  Dedication: Cathedral Church of Christ, Oxford
  Tower Correspondent: The Secretary of the Oxford Society

  Service Ringing: Sun 9.00
  Practice night:
  Availability and Restrictions

  The Bells (12) 31-0-23 further details

  Access to ringing chamber: 85 stone steps, 3 locked doors and some inconveniently placed beam hazards.

  Points of interest in church:
Memorial tablets commemorating past Masters of the ODG in the cloisters
  Church facilities:
  Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP515059
  Public Transport:
  Eating Places:
  Local points of interest for non ringers:
Visitors are normally allowed into the college for a small fee in the afternoons to see these places.

Entrance to the cathedral is normally free; among others it has 5 Burne Jones windows.

Entrance to Christ Church meadows is normally free, the gates are open most of the daylight hours. Old English cattle with large horns graze the grass.

Page last updated 12 Jun 2006