ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
   
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
St. Lawrence, North Hinksey, Oxon
Oxford City branch of the ODG
Further details

St. Lawrence, North Hinksey tower
St. Lawrence, North Hinksey ęKMC 13 Apr 2002
The listed preaching cross is on the left.

  Dedication:St. Lawrence, North Hinksey benefice
  Tower Correspondent:

  Service Ringing: Sun 11.00
  Practice night: Fri 7.30pm (please confirm beforehand)
  Availability and Restrictions

  The Bells (6) 5-2-27 further details

  Access to ringing chamber: up a wooden household type staircase with 12 steps.

  Points of interest in church Norman church with tower nave and chancel on different levels. Norman S doorway is original. Early English W tower said to have been rebuilt after damage during the Civil War. Octagonal 14th century font with a different window tracery on each face.
  Church facilities:
  Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP495055
  Public Transport:See the OUSCR page.
  Eating Places:
The Fishes nearby pub with restaurant

  Local points of interest for non ringers: listed preaching cross in churchyard
One field away from the other side of the busy A34 opposite the SW end of the village street is one end of the Conduit, built in 1616-17 to supply water to the conduit house at Carfax in Central Oxford. The Conduit House itself has since been moved from Carfax to the grounds of Nuneham Park.

Page last updated 22 May 2005

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map