Return links:   Home   Tourism   Tower index   Diocese map   Branch  Map   Summary   Tourism 

St. John the Baptist, Padworth, Berks
Reading branch of the ODG
Further details in another page

St. John Baptist, Padworth tower
St. John Baptist, Padworth ęKMC 27 Apr 2002

  Dedication:St. John Baptist, Padworth benefice
  Tower Correspondent:

  Service Ringing:
  Practice night: practice with Mortimer St. Mary
  Availability and Restrictions

  The Bells (6) 7-1-4 further details
The metal from the former ring of 5 was recast to make 6 bells with the addition of a new treble by the Whitechapel Foundry in 1890 and their inscriptions reproduced on 4 of the new bells. It was also reproduced on the tenor but at the opening ceremony, Rev F.E.Robinson, master of the ODG was unhappy with its tone and asked Mears and Stainbank to replace it with a new tenor which lacked the facsimile inscription.

  Access to ringing chamber: Ground floor

  Points of interest in church ?
  Church facilities:
  Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SU613662
Church with wooden bell turret within grounds of Padworth College, a private school.
Parking next to the church.
  Public Transport:
  Eating Places:
  Local points of interest for non ringers:

Page last updated 19 May 2005


 Return links:   Home   Tourism   Tower index   Diocese map   Branch  Map   Summary   Tourism