Return links:   Home   Tourism   Tower index   Diocese map   Branch  Map   Summary   Tourism 

St. James the Less, Pangbourne, Berks
Reading branch of the ODG
Further details in another page.

St. James the Less, Pangbourne tower
St. James the Less, Pangbourne ęKMC 13 Sep 2003

  Dedication:St. James the Less, Pangbourne benefice
  Tower Correspondent:

  Service Ringing: Sun 9.00(1), 10.00(2,4), 5.30 by arrangement
  Practice night: Thu 8.00-9.15pm
  Availability and Restrictions

  The Bells (6) 10-0-0# further details

  Access to ringing chamber: ground floor, through small door from outside at base of tower, also from within the church through the newish kitchen/toilet area.

  Points of interest in church:
  Monument to Sir John Davis 1625 behind the organ
  Church facilities: Toilet: New one in small room between ringing chamber and church aisle, usually locked.
  Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SU634764
Park in public car park 100m north of the church. There is a path at the back to the west of the church.
  Public Transport:
Train station (Paddington to Didcot etc.) 1/4 mile walk from church.
  Eating Places: The nearest pub: The Cross Keys is just across the road from the graveyard.
  Local points of interest for non ringers: Kenneth Grahame bought "Church Cottage" across the road surrounding the churchyard in 1924; when he died in 1930 the funeral was held in this church. He is buried in Oxford.

Page last updated 15 Aug 2005


 Return links:   Home   Tourism   Tower index   Diocese map   Branch  Map   Summary   Tourism