ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
   
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
St. Giles, Standlake, Oxon
Witney & Woodstock branch of the ODG
Further details

St. Giles, Standlake tower
St. Giles, Standlake ©BJC 9 Apr 2004

  Dedication: St. Giles, Standlake benefice
  Tower Correspondent:
  Charles Carrington
  Tel 01865 300217

  Service Ringing: Sun 9.00
  Practice night: Thu 7.30pm
  Availability and Restrictions

  The Bells (6) 11-2-0# further details

  Access to ringing chamber: Ground floor with either two small steps up through an external door to the tower or one deeper step up from the nave, just behind the tenor ringer.

  Points of interest in church: The church was built in Norman times extensively remodelled in the 13th century and again in 1880 when the nave roof with large wooden angels was added. Further details.
  Church facilities:
  Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP397036. Park on road
  Public Transport:
  Eating Places: Pub in village
  Local points of interest for non ringers: Cotswold ‘bale’ tombstones, Jacobean carved chest in nave
  Just to the South is the 13th century Newbridge the second oldest bridge across the Thames, where there is a hostelry The Rose Revived where Oliver Cromwell stayed during the Civil War.

Page last updated 16 Aug 2005

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map