ODG Guild Header
Established January 17 1881
   
Guild Home Page Guild Officers Diary of events in the Guild Branch details and contacts within the Guild Latest news and newsletters from the Guild and Branches Details of quarters and peals rung in the Guild The Guild Documentation Frequently Asked Questions Links to other ringing websites

Guild History Page
Search this website
St. Michael, Stanton Harcourt, Oxon
Witney & Woodstock branch of the ODG
Further details

St. Michael, Stanton Harcourt tower
St. Michael, Stanton Harcourt ©BJC 8 Apr 2004

  Dedication: St. Michael, Stanton Harcourt benefice
  Tower Correspondent:

  Service Ringing: Sun 9.00, 10.30(alt)
  Practice night: Wed 8.00pm
  Availability and Restrictions

  The Bells (6) 11-0-0# further details

  Access to ringing chamber: spiral staircase

  Points of interest in church: Simon Jenkins church (SJ**C)
  Harcourt Monuments in many styles from 12th to 18th centuries. The remains of Henry Tudor’s standard hang above the tomb of Sir Robert Harcourt who carried it at the Battle of Bosworth field in 1485. Further details
  Church facilities:
  Travel Details: OS Grid Ref: SP416056. Park off road
  Public Transport:
  Eating Places: The Harcourt Arms
  Local points of interest for non ringers: Simon Jenkins (SJ**H)
   The adjacent remains of the old Manor House with Pope's Tower and a splendid mediæval kitchen re-roofed in 1485 with an octagonal pyramid roof surmounted by a griffin.

Page last updated 16 Aug 2005

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map