Shiplake Ringing Centre
- Abel Simulator - Using sensors on all 8 bells. Silent practice facility. Bells silenced by clapper bars or double sided muffles for better balance.
- Virtual Belfry Simulator - A simulator program that offers a wide range of features and can be used with sensors etc.
- Fixed camera in ringing room linked to screen and video recorder covering bells 2, 3 and 4. Can take own video recording away for review.
- Camcorder - available for use on site.
- Separate TV/Video player.
- Flip chart.
- Additional Laptop PC with Abel.
- LCD projector and screen.
- Set of handbells (8).
- Sherborne model bell.
- ‘Real’ model bell.
- Television in Ringing Room showing output from two fixed camers in the bell chamber. One (colour) showing all the bells and frame. One (black & White) focussed on the 7th showing the bell clapper, wheel, stay and slider when the bell is rung.
Normally training sessions are undertaken with the bells silenced and the simulator in use. However, adjustable sound control fitted during the 2009-2010 restoration means that it may be possible to ring the bells open and sound control closed for some training sessions. This will be subject to the time of day, the amount of recent open ringing and whether lessons are in progress at Shiplake College next to the Church.
Return to the Home Page
© Oxford diocesan guild of church bell ringers 2010 - Shiplake ringing centre