The Parish Church of St. Nicolas
Tenor: 7 cwt. 1 qrt. 18 lbs in Bb
A ring of six bells was cast by Abel Rudhall of Gloucester in 1741. The canons were removed in 1933 and rehung in a new two-tier cast-iron frame by Gillet and Johnston of Croydon. All bells hang on cast-iron headstocks and ball bearings.
The church overlooks the Market Place at the junction of Stert
Street, Ock Street and Bridge Street.
Photograph by Martin Crick