The Towers and Belfries Committee volunteers provide advice and practical assistance to towers on their bell installations and associated matters including:-
- Maintenance, minor improvements, restoration and rehanging including finding volunteer helpers
- Belfry safety matters
- Publications and technical notes
- Rope splicing
- Tower & Belfry inspections
- Inspecting Oxford Diocesan Bell Fund grant schemes.
- Running tower, belfry and rope maintenance training courses
- ODG Tower Maintenance Award scheme and certificates.
- Exchanging redundant bells information between ODG, CCCBR and others
The Stewardship & Management – CCCBR page of the CCCBR website has lots of advice on tower infrastructure, tower operation and major projects.
- The committee’s terms of reference can be found here
- To contact the committee, please email the Chairman or Secretary.
- Meet the team