The Towers and Belfries Committee volunteers provide advice and practical assistance to towers on their bell installations and associated matters including:-
- Maintenance, minor improvements, restoration and rehanging including finding volunteer helpers
- Belfry safety matters
- Publications and technical notes
- Rope splicing
- Tower & Belfry inspections
- Inspecting Oxford Diocesan Bell Fund grant schemes.
- Running tower, belfry and rope maintenance training courses
- ODG Tower Maintenance Award scheme and certificates.
- Exchanging redundant bells information between ODG, CCCBR and others
- Tower Maintenance Award Scheme – December 2021
- Video clip taken on a recent T&B Maintenance Course – Note that the people in the belfry were at a safe distance and in no danger from the swinging bell. All the other bells were down.
The Stewardship & Management – CCCBR page of the CCCBR website has lots of advice on tower infrastructure, tower operation and major projects.