Below is a list, by no means complete, of addresses which may assist you with the funding of your bell restoration project.
- ODG Bell Fund. Call Stuart Gibson (01235 820491) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The ODG Bell Fund will give a % of the total cost of the project.
- Central Council of Church Bell Ringers. Email: email@example.com
- Most Guilds/Associations have bell restoration funds, some of which will give up to 20% of the cost of the project.
- Barron Bell Trust. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. 01892 823289
- Applications to be made when at least up to 50% of the money is raised. Grant will be paid direct to the bellhanger.
- The Sharpe Trust. Call 01285 885734. Email: email@example.com
- More likely to give grants to bells of historical significance or ancient bells. Will not grant retrospective applications.
- Churchcare (formerly The Church Buildings Council). Web: www.churchcare.co.uk
- More likely to give grants to bells of historical significance or ancient bells.
- The Heritage Lottery Fund. firstname.lastname@example.org. Web: www.hlf.org.uk
- Supports projects of historic interest from the Heritage Lottery Fund. English Heritage advise the administrators of the fund.
- National Churches Trust. Email: email@example.com. Web: www.nationalchurchestrust.org
- Supports structural repairs but not bell restoration.
- Central Council of Church Bell Ringers – database. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The council has use of a database listing over 1400 charities and grant-making trusts and will advise parishes on bell restoration project fundraising matters.
- Donors can sometimes be found for a specific item such as a new bell, recast bell, bellframe or items of the ringing fittings of a bell. Should a new bell be supplied or recast, it is possible to cast the donor’s name on the new or recast bell’s surface.
- The Keltek Trust. Email: email@example.com. Web: www.keltektrust.org.uk.
- The Keltek Trust recently donated two bells to the new ring of 8 at Broadwell in our Witney & Woodstock branch.
General Fund Raising
The Central Council Bell Restoration Fund is very grateful to have received a legacy from the estate of the late John Barnes, who was a member of the former Bell Restoration Committee for many years. For more information, click here.